ALIENCON BALTIMORE GALACTIC SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: To enter the Sweepstakes you must: (i) be a legal resident of one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia; (ii) be at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in your state if different) at the time of entry; and (iii) be physically located in the United States at the time of entry. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor (as defined in Paragraph 11 below), all prize providers associated with the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, distributors, divisions (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, and members of their immediate families and members of their household are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
2. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes Period begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 29, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2018. One (1) Grand Prize winner will be selected.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, you must (i) go to the website at www.history.com/win (the “Website”) and (ii) complete the registration form you will be prompted to fill out.
Each entry submitted using the above method during the Sweepstakes Period shall hereinafter be referenced to as an “Entry,” or collectively as the “Entries.” An individual submitting an Entry shall hereinafter be referenced to as an “Entrant,” or collectively as the “Entrants.” Any accompanying material (e.g. images, video, text) submitted with an Entry shall hereinafter be referred to as the “Submission.” Each successful Entry will be considered one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
Entrants can enter one (1) time per day during the Sweepstakes Period. Each Entry must be submitted in accordance with the online instructions during the Sweepstakes Period. Entries in excess of the stated limits will be disqualified. All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on September 30, 2018.
In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must have internet access and a valid email address. Any Entrant found using multiple email accounts to enter or participate within this Sweepstakes will be ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and all posted Entries will be disqualified. All properly completed Entries will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes. Only Entries submitted during the Sweepstakes Period, as described herein, will be eligible. The Sponsor's database clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. Incomplete, corrupted, false, late, illegible, forged or altered registration forms will be disqualified. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any Entrant, the relevant Entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the respective email account used to enter, as applicable. If participating in the Sweepstakes from a wireless device, Entrant’s wireless service standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply. Participation in this Sweepstakes means that you understand that you may receive additional messages (through your wireless device or otherwise) relating to this Sweepstakes, including notifying you if you are the potential winner. Follow instructions in messages to unsubscribe.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATIONS: Sponsor will conduct a random drawing of one (1) potential winner (a “Potential Winner”) on or about October 1, 2018. A Potential Winner will be notified within five (5) days from the drawing by phone and a follow-up email, and will have three (3) business days to respond. Odds of winning a prize depend upon the total number of eligible Entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If a Potential Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within such period of time, such Potential Winner will be disqualified and another Potential Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible Entries received.
5. PRIZING: The Sweepstakes will award the following “Grand Prize”: One (1) winner (a “Grand Prize Winner”) will receive a trip for him/herself and one (1) guest (the “Guest”) to attend AlienCon Baltimore, taking place from November 9, 2018 through November 11, 2018 in Baltimore, MD (the “Trip Package”). Trip Package includes: (i) round trip domestic coach airfare for Grand Prize Winner and Guest from the airport nearest the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to an airport in or around Baltimore, MD; (ii) accommodations for 3 nights/4 days (standard room, double occupancy) for Grand Prize Winner and Guest; (iii) ground transportation to/from the airport and hotel for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest; (iv) two (2) Gold-level AlienCon Baltimore passes; and (v) one (1) One Thousand Dollar ($1,000) American Express gift card for food and other incidentals.
Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is Four Thousand Five Hundred Ninety-Eight Dollars ($4,598.00). Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply.
6. WINNER VERIFICATION AND PRIZE CONDITIONS: The Grand Prize may hereinafter be referred to as a “Prize”. Grand Prize Winner may be referred to as the “Winner”. Before a Potential Winner will be deemed a Winner, he/she may be required to sign and return a background check consent form, prize verification form, a publicity release (except where prohibited) and any other legal documents that Sponsor may require, including IRS Form W-9 (collectively, “Prize Verification Forms”), within five (5) days from the date Sponsor sends the Prize Verification Forms to the Potential Winner, or the Potential Winner will be subject to disqualification. If a background check is required of the Potential Winner, the background check must be reviewed and approved by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, before the Potential Winner is deemed a Winner. If a Potential Winner chooses not to accept his/her Prize, or is unable to be notified, an alternate Potential Winner will be randomly selected from all of the remaining Entries. If Sponsor is unable to award a Prize after three (3) attempts, the Prize will not be awarded. A Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer any Prize or redeem any non-monetary prize in lieu of his/her Prize. Any difference between the ARV and the actual value of the Prize, if any, will not be awarded. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute the Prize (or Prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is responsible only for delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for Prize utility or otherwise. All federal, state or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from the Prize associated with the Sweepstakes will be solely the responsibility of the Winner.
Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Guest must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of Grand Prize Winner’s entry (except if Winner is Guest’s parent or legal guardian). ARV of Grand Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. The Trip Package must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must be able to travel on dates to be determined by Sponsor. Exact travel dates to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
The Trip Package is subject to certain restrictions. All meals, ground transportation and incidentals not described herein and incurred by the Grand Prize Winner and Guest will be the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. If Grand Prize Winner resides within a one hundred (100) mile radius of Baltimore, MD (a “Local Resident”), in lieu of the round-trip domestic coach air transportation portion of the Trip Package, Grand Prize Winner will receive a travel stipend in the amount of One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150) to cover travel for Grand Prize Winner and Guest. No additional compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the Grand Prize for a Local Resident and the ARV for the Grand Prize for the Grand Prize Winner who is not a Local Resident.
Grand Prize Winner and Guest must possess valid United States government-approved travel documents (including passport, if applicable) prior to awarding of the Grand Prize. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must be willing to sign any other legal documents required by Sponsor and travel on the same itinerary. Grand Prize Winner’s Guest may be subject to background screening and approval, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, prior to travel. Exact travel times and arrangements are subject to availability and blackout periods. The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions, or any act or omission whatsoever with respect to the Trip Package. Except as indicated in the Trip Package, all meals, taxes, gratuities, travel insurance, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, alcoholic beverages, incidentals (including mini-bar), phone charges, merchandise, souvenirs and other expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and Guest. Grand Prize Winner and Guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Trip Package is non-transferable and may not be given, bartered, substituted, sold, or exchanged for cash or another prize. Unused components of the Trip Package have no redeemable cash value. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Trip Package are not eligible for frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer.
If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package without his/her Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Trip Package with more than one (1) Guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel and/or the Trip Package. Such additional guest(s) may be subject to background check and approval, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and must be willing to sign any legal documents required of other Trip Package participants. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately. No changes will be made to travel details once any element(s) of the travel arrangements have been booked, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Trip Package are not eligible for upgrades. Lost or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates or similar items, once they are in Grand Prize Winner’s possession, will not be replaced. Travel is subject to capacity controls, availability, blackout dates and certain other restrictions, all of which are subject to change. Travel must be roundtrip. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the Trip Package. If a stopover occurs, the Trip Package will terminate and Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Airline, airport(s), and flight itinerary will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any unclaimed and/or unused Trip Package or element thereof will be forfeited by and will remain the property of Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Sponsor’s air travel prize supplier, as detailed in the passenger ticket contract issued by such supplier. In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her Guest (and additional guests, if applicable) engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious, threatening, illegal, reflects poorly on Sponsor or other Sweepstakes Entities, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or his or her Guest (and additional guests, if applicable) home with no further compensation.
Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means, including, but not limited to, online or text message Entries, will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant (and all of his/her Sweepstakes Entries) from the Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Sponsor or any of its affiliated companies if Entrant tampers with the entry process or, if Entrant’s act of fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in any promotional materials. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes and to hold a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to such action, if any computer virus, bug, tampering, technical failure, unauthorized human intervention or any other cause outside of Released Parties’ control corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such modification, cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice of such action will be posted on the Website, if functioning. In the event that Sponsor receives, in its sole discretion, an insufficient number of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right to extend the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND GOVERNING LAW: Released Parties are not responsible for any claims, damages, expenses, costs or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting from, arising from, or in connection with, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from: (a) any typographical or other error in the printing or publishing of the Official Rules, offering or announcement of any prize; (b) late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected Entries, e-mails or other communications; (c) errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices, transmission lines, websites, applications or data networks; (d) data corruption, theft, destruction, loss, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials; (e) electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's e-mail account; or (f) any problems or technical, hardware or software malfunctions of any network or means of transmission, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, applications, failure of any e-mail or Entries to be received by the Sponsor due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion, unavailable network connections on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, including, without limitation, any injury or damage to Entrant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Sweepstakes or downloading any materials associated with the Sweepstakes. Winner hereby acknowledges that the Sweepstakes Entities have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any express or implied warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize or any component thereof. Winner and Grand Prize Winner’s Guest (and other guests, if applicable) assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by participating in this Sweepstakes or use or redemption of the Prize.
In addition, Released Parties shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any acts or omissions whatsoever by any performer(s)/event(s), air carrier(s), hotel(s), transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services, accommodations or other Trip Package components to passengers, including any results thereof, such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to Grand Prize Winner's and his/her Guest’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between Grand Prize Winner, his/her Guest and such transportation companies. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be parties to such contracts and shall assume no responsibility in such connection. Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or the loss, theft or damage of cash, cameras, jewelry, securities, heirlooms, negotiable papers or other valuables.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, THE PRIZE, AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON, THROUGH, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES. ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY’S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that Sponsor or Administrator find to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike, offensive or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Sweepstakes will be governed by the internal laws of the State of New York. Any and all legal actions or claims arising in connection with the Sweepstakes must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction located in New York County, New York.
9. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM THOSE MAKING SUCH ATTEMPTS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. NAMES OF WINNER OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the Winner, or a copy of the Official Rules, visit www.history.com/alienconsweeps, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: “AlienCon Baltimore Galactic Sweepstakes Winner Names Request”, A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017, Attn: CRM Acquisition. All requests must be received on or before November 29, 2018. The name of the Winner will be sent after selection and verification of Winner.
11. SPONSOR: A&E Television Networks, LLC, 235 East 45th Street, New York, NY 10017.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. (and D.C.) eighteen (18) years of age or older. Ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 9/30/18. www.history.com/alienconsweeps for details and entry.
Start: August 28, 2018 @ 01:00 am (US/Eastern)
End: October 01, 2018 @ 12:00 am (US/Eastern)